Interesting and Intelligent

These are words that people often use when I discuss my mental health with them.

They find the way I look at things and handle my experiences so 'intelligent' and 'interesting.' while I'm over here feeling like I am being put under a microscope and analyzed. People always are so fascinated by my thoughts and responses.

To be quite honest, I'm not interesting or intelligent. It's called survival instinct. I adapt and acclimate to my situation in order to stay alive, and that’s something that not everyone can manage to do, especially if they are alone in this. Its called trial and error. I am constantly trying new things to fix problems and as new things come up, it helps cultivate my thoughts. This is kind of what happens when you figure all of this out alone, I just kept shooting the breeze, hoping something would work. It's called being lonely. I've had a lot of time to think through these issues and try to understand what's happening. I've been playing this game for almost 6 years by myself, and so that’s a lot of time to think. And I kind of had to rely on myself and this loneliness in order to get through a lot of things. Its called being messed up. I've experienced things that not many people have, and that changes a person's view on life. So yeah, it makes it seem like I'm super interesting and intelligent, but it's not really me. And it's not really something to celebrate.

I wish I was textbook depressed and anxious. I wish my issues were only skin deep. I wish I could just do what everyone else does and get over this depression or at least be able to cope with it better. But the thing is I'm not like everyone else. I didn't handle all of this like everyone else did. I wasn't in the same situation that others were in.


As much as I act like this is a super negative thing that I hate, I secretly enjoy it. I take pride in being alive. I take pride in the way I've managed my mental illness alone. It makes me feel good to know that someone else finds my hell interesting and intelligent, it makes me feel more interesting and intelligent. And sometimes, I'm okay with pretending that this whole thing is intentional and that I really am all those things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Oh, hi, thanks for checking in, I'm still a piece of garbage.

A Safe Place